Each problem, each difficult situation has something to teach us. We always learn the biggest lessons in our life from our problems.
We all are passing through the difficult time of COVID-19. No one has ever thought that we will have to live like this. The whole world was in a silence for days. News have only one thing to show and that is number of deaths and infected people worldwide. People are in home with closed doors and not allowed to go out. The world is locked down. We have never thought this can happen.
Uncertainty is the nature and beauty of Life. We must be ready to face any uncertain things that can happen anytime. If we are ready then we can surely be responsive to it rather than being reactive. We have lost many lives in this COVID time and the counting is going on. This must be an eye opener for us to change our lifestyle and the way we behave with the nature.
COVID time taught me many lessons and I want to share some of them.
- Health is Wealth. This old saying can only be understood well when you are unhealthy or sick. Nothing is more important in life than your health. Both physical and mental. For physical health, exercise, yoga or any form of physical activity you like, must be in your routine. For Mental health read good books, listen to great people, listen good music and give time to any hobby you like. You can’t get good health instantly when you need it. It is the output of daily physical activity.
- Meditate daily. Meditation is probably the only way to keep you balanced and in harmony with nature. I have always felt that nothing can be so soothing like meditation. It makes you calm, relaxed and fulfilled. I never felt any need to go to any meditation classes or courses as meditation is DOING NOTHING. So, no one can teach you how to do it. You know it within yourself. Just start sitting silent. Spend some time with yourself daily. Rest all will happen automatically. Believe me.
- Respect & Love people around you. Make good friends. Probably the only thing we need in difficult times are friends. Someone to listen to us. Someone who can be with us. Rest all can be managed but there is no alternate of a good friendship.
- Handle your money well. Habit of Saving actually saves you.
- Help people in whatever way you can. This gives you Joy.
- Read a lot. Good books never make you feel alone. The most important lessons in life are not being taught in any university. They are mostly found in good books by people who learnt the lessons by experience.
- Be Thankful. Every morning, Thank God for giving one more day to live. Thank for Food, Water, Air and everything. Thank Everyone around you who help you the way you are living.
These are only few lessons. All of us must have learn something from COVID. If we can combine the thoughts of many of us, we can learn a lot. Let’s make a guide for good life. I invite you to share your thoughts and lessons you have learnt in the comment section.